What is temperature-controlled transport?
Temperature-controlled transport is the process of transporting sensitive products that may deteriorate due to temperature variations, without being damaged or spoiled. Temperature-controlled transport ensures that these products are transported by keeping the temperature within a certain range.
Temperature-controlled transport is generally necessary for the transport of food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, chemical and biological products. Since these product groups can easily deteriorate due to temperature variations, their temperatures must be kept within a certain range during the transport process.
In temperature-controlled transport, special equipment and systems are required to control the temperature, record it and keep it at the right level. These equipment and systems are important to ensure that products are kept within a certain temperature range.
The temperature values to be used in temperature-controlled transport vary depending on the characteristics, type and desired storage conditions of the transported product. However, there are some standard temperature ranges in general. For example:
• The temperature should generally be between 2 and 8 degrees during the transport of medicines. For some medicines, the temperature range can be as high as 15 to 25 degrees.
• When transporting food, the temperature should generally be between -18 and -25 degrees. For some foods, the temperature range may be as low as 0-5 degrees.
• The temperature in the transport of biological material should be between -80 and -196 degrees. This temperature range applies in particular to materials used for medical purposes, such as human tissue and organs.
• In the transport of cosmetic products, the temperature should generally be between 15 and 25 degrees.
However, these temperature ranges are general examples and may vary depending on the product. Each product has its own transport requirements.
Which product groups require temperature-controlled transport?
Temperature-controlled transport is required for many product groups. Some of these are
• Pharmaceutical and biological products: In the transport of pharmaceutical and biological products, some temperature control should be ensured. Otherwise, the efficacy and quality of these products could deteriorate. These products are generally transported by air and road.
• Food products: fresh food, frozen food, etc. Many food products must be stored and transported within a certain temperature range. These products are generally transported by road, sea and air.
• Cosmetic products: cosmetic products are generally products that must be kept within a certain temperature range. These products are generally transported by road and air.
During the transportation of groups of products, situations can occur that vary depending on factors such as mode of transport, quantity of products, destination. Neta Logistics offers secure temperature-controlled transport services with its experienced teams.
Companies wishing to have temperature-controlled transport can contact our customer representatives by clicking here.