Transportation of dangerous goods
Transport of dangerous goods is the name given to the transport of substances that may cause serious harm to nature and people in the eventuality of an accident, such as flammable, explosive, chemical, liquid and solid. This type of transport has an international certification and transport procedure.
“Neta Logistics reads between the lines and protects nature and people.”
Considering the harm it can cause to the environment and the short/long term effects, transport must be carried out according to the standards and laws in force in our country and internationally; one of the most important among these standards is the ADR certificate.
This agreement, which sets standards in the transport of dangerous goods, has been accepted by more than 50 countries. There are several rules in our country regarding the transport of dangerous goods; with these regulations a whole set of norms has been established involving the senders, the consignees and the packing agents of the dangerous goods.
The ADR classification is made up of 13 elements, these elements are as follows:
• Explosive substances and explosive articles (Class 1)
• Compressed, liquefied or dissolved gases (Class 2)
• All types of flammable liquids (Class 3)
• Flammable solids, self-reactive explosives (Class 4.1)
• Substances which can ignite spontaneously (Class 4.2)
• Substances which react with water releasing flammable gases (Class 4.3)
• Oxidizing substances (Class 5.1)
• Organic peroxides (Class 5.2)
• Toxic substances (Class 6.1)
• Infectious substances (Class 6.2)
• Radioactive materials (Class 7)
• Corrosive substances (Class 8)
• Various dangerous goods (Class 9) Given the damage it can cause to people and to the environment, it is extremely important that vehicles carrying dangerous goods are fully and thoroughly inspected and that all vehicles carrying dangerous goods are there are orange warning signs.
Companies that transport dangerous goods must comply with UN approved packaging rules, in particular the reason for using these packaging is their special construction preventing leakage and dispersion, and are also designed in accordance with safety standard regulations.
It is feasible to categorize hazardous substances into groups based on their characteristics and structural composition. With regard to their chemical composition, substances can be classified as flammable, under pressure, toxic, or explosive, while their physical state enables them to be separated into solid, liquid, or gas. For efficient handling of hazardous materials, it is crucial to position flammable gases as far away as possible from logistics personnel, ensuring all flammable gases and chemicals are stored away from any sources of heat. Furthermore, the driver tasked with transporting dangerous goods must be equipped with appropriate safety gear that is commensurate with the specific substance category being conveyed.
Neta Logistics, with its experience in the field of logistics, experienced personnel and experienced team, provides services in the field of transportation of dangerous goods by complying with all the above transportation procedures without exception.